Sunday, September 28, 2008

If McCain/Palin Win in November, I Will Never Go Back to the USA

Today I'm not going to go into much about my trip to Ségou. Instead, I feel like I have a more pressing issue to talk about. The 2008 Presidential Elections... these elections may change my life forever. I've been saying this time and time again but now instead of saying it, I'll put it in writing to make it "official". If McCain/Palin win in November and make it to the White House in January, I will never go back to the United States. I'll have to find somewhere else to live but there are many, many countries in the world that won't have a couple of idiots at the government's head. Also, if the majority of the American people are stupid enough, are "racist" enough, or just... mentally retarded enough to elect these couple of... well, retards, into the White House... I don't want to be a part of it!!! I mean, come on. I agree Bush is stupid... but he and Dick Cheney are (hate to say it but it's true) smarter than McCain and Palin. I cannot believe that Palin is the Vice Presidential running mate, as I stated in my first-ever narcipost.

As a citizen of the United States of America and as someone who used to be proud of her country, now I'm just embarrassed more so than ever before. Occasionally, I've been embarrassed by stupid remarks made by other Americans but it was never to the extent that I would be too embarrassed to live in the country. Now the situation is toeing that line. I don't want to live in a country I'm ashamed of and that will inevitably go to ruin because of the people's own stupidity! Palin may only be the VP nominee... but McCain is an old fart. He's 72 years old!!! That means if he gets elected, Sarah Palin will be one 72-year-old's heartbeat away from becoming the President of the United State of America. What could possibly be a scarier thought than that???

I'm not so much of an avid supporter of Obama anymore, especially after doing some research and discovering how he passed the
FISA, an act that I believe is in direct violation of "American" beliefs as expressed by our founding fathers. But though I'm not a huge Obama fan and I disagree with some of his politics (and though, like all politicians, he's probably more bark than bite), he's still better than McCain.

McCain... he's either senile or stupid or both. He's the one who said Putin was the President of Germany:


...and while clearly pretending to be informed and knowledgeable about international relations/politics during the 1st presidential debate with Barack Obama, mispronounced the President of Pakistan's name (which is actually Asif Ali Zardari) as Kadari. This is why you shouldn't pretend to know things that you don't.


I've already expressed what I feel about Sarah Palin, but it's not just me who feels this way. A lot of people have noticed what a bimbo she is. I mean, she was the fucking runner-up for the Miss Alaska pageant... WTF??? She's not smart. She's not qualified. She's not experienced... and that's why in this SNL skit, they made fun of both her and Hillary Clinton (but mostly, they made fun of Sarah Palin because at least Hillary's smart - yes, Hillary is an opportunistic, power-hungry bitch, but she's still better than Sarah Palin):


Then the CBS interview with Katie Couric where she sounds like....

I can't say this in a nice way... a FUCKING IDIOT! If she says "Crisis mode" one more time, I'm going to stab her in the face from across the ocean!!!


Actually, that interview is reminiscent of another beauty pageant contestant who couldn't answer a rather simple question:


Of course, SNL had to make fun of the fiasco of an interview and I have to love them for that. They pretty much summed up (quite nicely, might I add) the interview.


So there you have it. Those are my two cents on this particular topic.

Today's Random Quiz:
Your Autumn Test Results
You are an energetic, warm, optimistic person. You approach everything with a lot of enthusiasm.

When you're happiest, you are outgoing and expressive . You love celebrations and you enjoy showing off a little.

You embrace change. You love change. You see change as a rebirth.

You find love to be the most comforting thing in the world. You feel at peace when you're with your loved ones.

Your ideal day is spontaneous and surprising. You like to play things by ear and you always end up doing something interesting.

You tend to live in the moment. You enjoy whatever is going on and you don't obsess over the past or future.

No comments: