When asked to name one specific newspaper or magazine she's read, Sarah Palin couldn't answer!!!
I actually don't read any American newspapers (not since finding out the details of how the government, through the American media, influenced the public into the Iraq War... this online documentary made me want to slit my wrists). I prefer foreign news mediums: The Economist (UK), The Financial Times (UK), Le Monde (France), and Der Spiegel (Germany). Shouldn't things like... I don't know, the New York Times, the Wall Street Journal, etc be common knowledge for Americans, though? Even if you don't read them? Which newspapers do you guys read, actually? I'm sure you're better qualified from reading the NYT than Sarah Palin is.
When asked about one specific Supreme Court case, she couldn't answer either!!!
Shouldn't you know more Supreme Court cases than Roe v. Wade? Does she even know what Roe v. Wade was about? Gideon v. Wainwright, Dred Scott v. Sandford, Marbury v. Madison, Plessy v. Ferguson, McColloch v. Maryland, Brown v. Board of Education, Abington School District v. Schempp, Fletcher v. Peck, just to name a few off the top of my head. You guys can probably think of a few other major ones I missed, right?
I'm sure most of you are more qualified to become VP than Sarah Palin, even if you're not American! Just had to get that out there, it's rather amusing, don't you think? Thanks for the links, Ty, it did make me giggle a little... but also made me want to cry. So my dear fellow Americans, go out there and vote in 2 weeks and I hope you make a "smart" choice!
Today's Random Quiz:
| You Are Palatino |
| And you'd like everyone else to know it! You take design and aesthetics seriously. You like everything in your life to be unique and beautiful - but never gaudy! |

No comments:
Post a Comment