Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Election Day in the USA

Pity I can't vote. This is the first presidential election for which I'm finally old enough to vote... but I didn't feel like doing all the complicated paperwork in order to be able to cast my vote as an overseas voter. So, I'm not voting. Besides, "every vote counts" doesn't really apply to me in this case. Why? Overseas votes are counted last... probably after they already know the victor. Thus, unless someone wins by 1 vote, my vote really won't matter. I hope most of you voted for Obama... that is, unless you never want to see me on American soil again! Instead of debating whether or not I'll apply for my visa extention, I decided to stay in Mali a few months longer if McCain/Palin win. Otherwise, I'll just go back home for New Year's at the end of December! Love you all and I hope you voted!

Today's Random Quiz:
You Should Be Allowed to Vote
You got 15/15 questions correct.
Generally speaking, you're very well informed.

If you vote this election, you'll know exactly who (and what) you'll be voting for.

You're likely to have strong opinions, and you have the facts to back them up.

No comments: