Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Good Bye!!!

Hey lovers!!! ;)

Guess what? I was able to get my replacement intern to fill in for me tomorrow!!! So this means I'm leaving TONIGHT! Since I have approximately just under 10 days, my roommate Paul C., has convinced me to go to Sénégal first. I'll probably spend a day MAX in Sénégal since I'll be in the rush of my life to make my way across the Senegalese-Malian border to go to Timbuktu, then back to Bamako to catch my flight to Casablanca, then back to New York on the 27th! Wish me all the best of luck because I'll need all the luck I can get at this point! Otherwise, I'll be stranded in Mali... or the middle of the desert... or Sénégal... at least for a while...

I just decided to post this entry before I left so NO ONE SHOULD WORRY about me! I won't have internet access for at least the next week or so... maybe even longer. So I'm letting you know ahead of time. The next time I speak to any of you, it will most likely be when I'm back home in the States! I love you all!!! Gros bisous !!!

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sometimes, I really wonder what you're thinking or if you're thinking at all. How can you expect me not to worry when you're planning to hitchhike to a city in the Sahara desert and cross borders in the same way? I will worry because like you said before I'm a "worry wart". Be careful and you'd better be back home in one piece and tell me as soon as you get back! After this trip, will you finally write your book? :)

Cathy said...

have fun and come back safely!!!! i'll be waiting for you across the ocean. bisous!

Anonymous said...

Just don't end up in jail like last time lol good luck with your trip! I just got back from Syria and Jordan and it was wonderful :) Oh and a surprise! I'm going to the USA in January, I got my visa today so maybe I'll see you in New York!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

Oops. WTF?
I think I deleted my own comment??? My mouse is high on crack, lol
But what I wanted to say was... have fun in Timbuktu! And I'll see you before 2009!

Anonymous said...

hey kerrr! i'm so jealous that u're going to timbuktuuuuuu!!!!!!! i wish i were in Africa with you instead of boring suburbia.

Anonymous said...

So you are going to Senegal after all? Or not? Good luck getting to Timbuktu, I think you'll need it!

Anonymous said...

hey kerstin!!!!!!!!!!! do you remember me?? it's meg, back from your student days at uw :P
i was curious as to what you were up to lately so i asked cathy when i met her randomly at wando's fish bowl yesterday and she told me you were in africa! you crazy, crazy girl!!!!!! i always knew you were strange but i never knew you were THIS crazy! so cathy forwarded me your blog and wow... i can't get enough of it!!!! your life is insane compared to mine. so you're going back to ny after this? hopefully you won't get malaria or go to jail or anything. i'm going to visit ny over winter break so i'll definitely call you when i'm there!!!! hopefully we can do lunch or dinner because we haven't seen each other or talked in forever! stay safe and like i always tell you every time you go out of the country, don't get raped!!!!!!

Unknown said...

Hey Ker,
When you have internet access, could you help me with my college application essays? I know you're probably busy right now, but if you could just look over my essays a little, that would help a lot. I sent you a more detailed e-mail but thought I'd comment here too. Good luck in Timbuktu. I thought that city only existed in cartoons.

Pavol Čiernik said...

Only 4 more days in Mali and you'll be back in America! Stay safe, although my request is probably in vain if you're hitchhiking. I hope you found your way to Timbuktu and I hope I'll hear from you again soon. Good luck Kerstin!

Anonymous said...

Merry (belated) Christmas! I had a little too much eggnog :P
Are you back yet? It's almost the 27th!

Laura said...

Hey Kerstin,
How was your Christmas? Where are you right now? I hope you're ok...

Anonymous said...

KK, I know you posted this entry to let us know that you won't have internet access but I'm getting concerned. Isn't your flight right now? I hope you made it back to Bamako in time! Otherwise, what will happen if you miss your plane? Good luck, KK and I guess I'll see you soon, hopefully.